How many coffee shops are there in Seattle?

I'm doing research for some students and am trying to find out how many coffee shops, stands, cafes... (Starbucks, Tullys, SBC, independent...) are actually in Seattle. Would really appreciate a source also. Thank you in advance!

Favorite Answer

goggle maps list 9,368 - although having lived in Seattle I'd say that is a conservative estimate.

I think it is the city's culture. Starbucks started in Seattle. Denver has a lot of coffee shops too. Montana has a lot of drive through coffee stands. You don't really see that many people hanging out at coffee shops there.

Oh, dear God--where to begin. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one. There are actually intersections with one on every corner. I would estimate that if NYC has 100,000 restaurants, that Seattle has about half that many coffee shops, counting the entire Metro area and everything that could be considered a "coffee shop." Coffee is a way of life in Seattle nowadays--the "latte lifestyle," if you will.

Source(s): lifelong Puget Sound-area resident, born in Seattle

The coffee addicted capital of the world,"SEATTLE"Wa.

• Lisa A

How many street corners are there in Seattle?

Which block are we talking about? Where is there NOT a coffee shop!?!

• aisha

You could probably find out by contacting the chamber of commerce.

I don't drink coffee