Do you sing with joy that Christ shed His blood for you?

You should be ashamed that he had to die that way for our foolishness.

Anthony Silva

USA

Favorite Answer

It is something that is repeated in history, even in our times. The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. knew his life was in danger,but he kept on persevering. Mahatma Gandhi knew this too, and did the same. They still asked God to forgive their tormentors. They were on a spiritual path, at a place many cannot understand. They were martyrs and refused to return the violence and hate shown to them. It brings me great joy when I think of them, and of course Jesus. The best way to teach is by example, and what a inspiring example they are. Even if I can never reach that place I don't care, I experience great joy just having them as role models.

• gone

We did not make that decision. God the Father did. In order to create a new covenant with us. I have no shame for this. I was not present in that period of time. No I do not sing with joy for that horror. What is a shame is religion uses this to keep the masses guilty and compliant for control and profit. If joy is really to be encouraged it would be in celebration of Jesus's life and resurrection

He didn't die for my foolishness. I wasn't around back then and neither were you. Those people may have needed someone to be the scapegoat for their screw-ups, but I sure don't.

By 'foolishness' you mean by being no better and no worse that God made us? Jesus didn't have to die for us - we didn't ask him to - he was condemned to death by....himself actually.

If I want to forgive someone, I don't sacrifice my only begotten son. I just buy them a drink and let bygones be bygones.

Really? Why don't you give the credit to Pilate? The Big J didn't commit suicide. And, yes, I personally feel terrible about it.

Why did he "have" to? Apparently he's omnipotent. Surely he could have come up with a better plan.

Did he for sure? Can you show me?