Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 decade ago

University of California, Santa Barbara?

am a Senior in High School in Ohio, and although I have taken many AP classes throughout the past four years, I have a rather low GPA (3.1). My test scores are average, ACT 22, and SAT 1610. I am involved in many extracurricular activities including sports,clubs, and working two jobs. I have always had my heart set on attending the University of California, Santa Barbara, and still hope to even with my low GPA. Can anyone tell me how I can get into UCSB?

Favorite Answer

I can tell you right now that there is no way that you will get into UCSB straight out of high school with those grades and scores. It just won't happen.

HOWEVER, you do have a couple of options.

1) Attend ANY college for a year and take somewhat easy classes and get really good grades. Colleges are more impressed with a high GPA in college than a high GPA in HS.

2) Apply to to Sant Barbara City College. You are almost guaranteed acceptance. If you are a resident of SB, just move here and you will be, you are guaranteed acceptance. Santa Barbara City College is an outstanding Junior College ranked number one in the USA. That's pretty good. It is also a direct feed school to UCSB.

3) One other idea, if you apply after you are in college, to transfer at the spring semester, you will have a better chance of getting accepted.

I would love to give you other advice but UCSB is one of the most desirable schools in all of California, obviously if you know about it in the mid-west.

How do I know this? I worked in admissions for another college in Santa Barbara.

Please feel to drop me an e-mail if you would like.

Best wishes,

Mike

• heusel

There isn't any educational or monetary skills to going out of state or individual for a Bachelors measure. If you might have any ability to finally pass to med institution you'll readily qualify for the flagship tuition for your state.