Why is it that the same people who want less government?

smaller government, less taxes, etc. are the same people who totally believe everything the government tells them to, watch only news channels that are sympathetic to the government, and question the patriotism of anyone who questions the politicians who are in control of the government?

Someone who had done door-to-door sales once told me that the houses that had "No Salesmen" signs were the houses with the suckers living there, who were an easy mark. Is this the same phenomenon at work?

Favorite Answer

I want less of everything that has to do with government. For that reason I question everything that comes out of any capitol. Left or right makes no difference. They are all liars

Do not believe the premise of your question is correct. Citizens either control government or the government controls them. The latter is sure in the lead at the present.

Source(s): The budget and a growing govenment

Nope, I strongly support less gov't, less taxes, etc. I do not believe everything the gov't, the police, heck even my own family tells me.

I get my news from the BBC, Australia news network, CNN, ABC, Drudgereport, AZ Republic (most lib paper I know) as well as Fox.

I do not question the patriotism of anyone that questions politicians, heck, we are suppose to question them. That is our duty as a citizen. I do question the patriotism of someone who says they are leaving the country if XYZ is elected. I do question the patriotism of someone who calls elected officials while out of the country. I question the patriotism of people who spew hate.

I am not the only one.

You must be old....I have never met anyone who was a door to door salesman. That happened like 50 years ago.

You are very bigotted trying to put all people who disagree with you in a little box.

Frankly, I've never seen a house with a sign that said "No Salesmen."

We are the suckers that live here but soon there will be a whole different America land of the illegal immagrants!

I like the reference to the door to door salesman. It makes sense. I never thought to look at it that way.

Yes, exactly as I've been saying.

Funny how so many diehard reds support such a president who expands government power, isn't fiscally conservative, and is imperialistic. Traitors to their own party, period!