do employers inform if u got the job or not?

Favorite Answer

Typically you are informed by prolonged periods of silence if you do not get the job. Welcome to the world.

From my experience as a manager, I only contact the people that I am interested in interviewing further, and then only the person that actually gets the job. Managers tend to be too busy to contact the MANY applicants that apply for jobs. The longer you wait without hearing, the less your chances are of being awarded the job. Here's a hint......Call back a couple of days later and let the manager know that you are still interested and hope that you are being considered for the position. Only call 1 time. That shows that you are interested and really desire the job,,,,Calling too many times will get annoying and likely reflect negatively on you.

Source(s): Management for 15 years

Most will call and say sorry to inform you but you didn't get the job blah blah but alot will not even call so my advice to you would be to call the place your applied and say "Hi there I applied for blank position and was just wondering if I could speak with the person in charge of doing the hiring." Then just ask him "Hi I handed in my resume for blank position and was just wondering if you had a chance to look at it" etc...something to that effect....if you do that usually an employer will think your determined to get the position and they like that....and then tahts when they can tell you if they want an interview or if they dont want to hire you so your not sitting around wondering....hope this helps a bit

They should call you or mail you a letter telling you that you got the job.

I would say most will call you to see if you accept.

Now if you were just in an interview and they do not hire you then dont expect a call.

If they don't tall you within 2 weeks usually they have found someone else. But if you get the job they'll usually call you within a week and a half.

They should unless they have found someone else.

Source(s): experience

Only when you have it.

• Tim

If they didn't, how would you know?