Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is Bush trying to destroy the Republicans chances in '08?

Newt Gingrich said last week that if Republicans do not come up with a plan to address healthcare, they are going to lose the upcoming election. Bush turns around and vetoes a bill that the public overwhelmingly supports and that several Republicans voted for. Is this mess going to blow up in Bush's face?

http://www.pollingreport.com/health3.htm

Best Answer

He is DONE in politics. What does he care?

What? All of the sudden the Republicans are seeing that he cares for nothing but the God-almighty dollar?

Boo hoo hoo.

I don't know if he is intentionally trying to kill the republicans chances, but he's doing a darn good job at it.

Republican candidates are distancing themselves from Bush for political reasons.

Yesterday when Bush did the Veto on the child care bill, where more children would have access to medical care, was a unpopular veto to the republican party and the American public that have children with no medical care.

This is just one more blunder out of many that the republican party does not want to be associated with.

A bit late with this question. I do believe that it is rare that people look back at other Republicans and Democrats to choose their vote. Not informed people anyway. Blow up in his face? Hardly. He only has a little over a year to go. So what could happen?

Read his side of the story and see why the veto was issued. Ask Ted Kennedy why he attached porkbarrell riders to it.

I do not defend Bush, but to say, he acts on advice of others. No man could do what some people on here seem to think he can.

• toff

So it would appear.

As for the reference above to Move On. I am a liberal and I have been very vocal about my disgust with the Move On add. However, Beautifully Conservative, where was the conservative outrage when John McCain was smeared by the Bush camp. Or when Max Cleland and John Kerry were attacked. Was the Swift Boat ads somehow acceptable to you? Not being a hypocrite I had to condemn the Move On ads, just as I did the Swift Boat ads.

Bush knows that a democrat will likely be left cleaning up his messes. the more of a mess he makes, the more the democratic leadership/administration will struggle and the worse they will appear.

for this reason only i hope a moderate republican wins in 08. because whoever wins will only serve one term, and the opposition party will be in from 2012-2020.

Oh, he isn't TRYING to ruin the Republican Party;s chances. But in everything he's done over the past 6 3/4 years, he's done exactly that!

Yup - and he's doing a mighty fine job of that. Can't wait for the republican leadership to get out of the White House. 15 months and counting.

I'm voting for Ron Paul. The Republicans had a little help from some of the other Republicans who were in office who couldn't seem to control themselves causing controversy by doing things to get them in trouble with their personal lives. I am a Republican, and the Dems sure has hell haven't shown me anything since taking over the house to change my vote.

Bush isn't 'trying to destroy the republicans chances in 2008'.

He HAS destroyed their chances in '08.

Though many did it to themselves due to support for Bush.

Noone (as far as we know) forced them to do it.

You can't destroy something that does not exsist-that is the republican chances in'08.