Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 1 decade ago

need some party ideas!?

i am throwing my 21st birthday party, and it is going to be all girls. about ten ladies. and i want my party to be really fabulous. i kinda want a sex and the city feel to it, but not to sexual or romantic. but, i want glitter, pinks, purples, blacks, and silvers. i want it to have a cocktail theme to it too, because i am having a bar there too. i need some decorating ideas, also some center peice ideas. and other ideas for favors, and food, and maybe what kinda premade cocktails i can buy, and just serve. any ideas help. please serious answers only, and ten points to the best answer. thanks.

Favorite Answer

The center pieces should be vry simple. I would say fresh flowers. There are some really nice center pieces that only have one or two flowers in them. As for the drink go with something girly. This drink is pink and great!

Texas Lemonade

Take one can of frozen pink lemonade (you can also use kool-aid that's made) and pour into a large pitcher with some water. Add in one whole jar of cherries (juice and all). Then mix in tequilla, adding as much or as little as you want. Great taste!

Also, serve all appetizer food. It is easy for people to eat what they want, and then you can serve little bits of all your favorite foods. The big thing would be to make it all yours. Include what you like and are into. Happy birthday and I hope that your party goes great.

Hmmmm....Well, sex/city theme maybe cosmopolitans or long island iced teas. Those are generally quite strong for a 21 year old, unless you already have plenty of drinking experience. Here is a good recipe that I generally make for women who don't drink often and come into my bar. 1 oz. Amaretto 1 oz. Melon Liqueur (green, not watermelon) and add cranberry juice. You won't taste the alcohol much. It tastes like Kool-Aid. They have a rather low alcohol content, but nice for social drinking, however still maintain a responsible environment...lol. If too weak, just add Vodka to your liking. They look refreshing especially with an orange/cherry flag garnish. Maybe some of those 8 inch glow sticks for stirrers. That sometimes is cool. I would skip the premade cocktails. I can direct you how to EXACTLY make anything that you want to serve. Another good girly drink is a 'Baybreeze', which is Vodka, fill w/ 1/2 cranberry, 1/2 pineapple. I've been a bartender for over 10 years and work in the French Quarter in New Orleans. Email me and I can give you any instructions that you may need.

I would do martinis this is alway great in different flavors. Go to

Http://www.stirrings.com

these are great mixes that all you do is add vodka. 2 parts mix to one part vodka it is easy and everyone i have try the apple martini and watermelon one loves it. I also like the cosmo one.

If you want to do a full meal you can do something easy like order italian food and go pick it up or if you just want something small I would do appatizer and desserts.

for decorations why not for the center pieces to a fun little vase with bright flowers greber daisys. They are always pretty and then put glitter or confetti on the table matching the daisys. For favors you can always do a shot glass with your name on it that would be fun since it is yoru 21st birthday

Have fun and be safe

How about chocolate fondue? That always seems sexy to me, but really yummy, too. You can dip strawberries and other fruit, pretzels, marshmallows, etc. Mmmmm.

For favors/decoration you could buy some chocolate truffles and place them in a wine glass with a ribbon around the stem. Actually, you could make the truffles if you want to keep costs down.

for the food try devils & angels on horse back ( pitted prunes & oystrers wraped in bacon ,cooked in the over)

As well as porkpine orange or apple with cocktail onions and picese of chesee held in place with toothpicks

Next a rock melon with the top cut off in a zig zag ,the guts cut out and a fruit salad made up with a big splash of curacao blule for flavour ,

small puff pastry cases filled with chicken & mushrooms top of with chesee .

Last fruit ball soaked in a like de mint or curcaco ,balies .

good luck.

Fabrics:

leather & silk & cashmere -- think luxious

Vintage pin up girls, like from the 30s

oh if ur a female u do the makeover ingredient with ur eyes closed on ur important different that ur giving the make over to. or spin the nail polish bottle u have 4-5 bottles of diverse nail polishes(loopy hues) and u spin a bottle whilst this is ur turn and who ever the nail polish bottle lands on they could desire to color a nail that coloration and whoever gets their nails (the two palms) executed first wins!!!