What is the starting salary for a sales representative at Eli Lilly? Is a company car provided?

Favorite Answer

Below is a copy of an answer I recently posted for a question similar to yours. Hope it helps.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

In my sales territory, I know of a few sales reps who work for Eli Lilly, and they all seem to be happy with their jobs! In the US, Eli Lilly is not known for their antibiotics, but for their insulin.

One question: Are you limiting yourself to Eli Lilly? If so, why? If you are truly interested in pharmaceutical sales, it can't hurt to explore opportunities with other pharma companies as well.

As for base salary, this would always depend on the company, the candidate's sales experience, the candidate's current salary. If for someone with no sales experience, I would say a starting base salary of $40-45,000 is pretty standard. Of course, one is eligible for incentive compensation (bonuses). The better the sales performance, the higher the bonus. Don't forget the company car (Chevy Impala, I believe), company laptop, etc.

Is it a good job? It is a good job only for those willing to put in long hours and hard work. If you are looking for a 9-5 job, this is not for you. Training, growth and learning opportunities are excellent. Potential to make a six-figure income is always possible. If one is not willing to work hard, it will show and life will only be made miserable for these poor individuals.

Good luck!

Source(s): Many years as a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep and multiple years recipient of top performance awards.
  • Erika

Eli Lilly Salary

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): starting salary sales representative eli lilly company car provided: https://shortly.im/Qf05o