drea_b7 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

does ditto's inc parvoguard really work?

my 4 months old puppy has parvo i think and i found this website called parvoguard .com and i wanna kno should i get it for my puppy i don't have enough money to take her to the vet but i will try something to save her

Best Answer

IF it has not been approved through the AVMA, then I would not trust it. Their are no cures for Parvo. You have to treat the symptoms and let it run its course. This puppy will need 24 hour monitoring by a trained professional --- a vet. Your puppy will need fluids via IV and medicine to help slow down the loss of fluids (stool and vomit). How do you know your puppy has parvo? Has it been tested or are you making that assumption? Either way, get the puppy help. Turn it over to the vet or animal shelter if you must. Without proper care, your puppy may die really quickly. And it is a horrible death!

Source(s): shelter volunteer

Even though it may be on the expensive side, I would suggest taking your puppy and having them tested. The most important thing when dealing with parvo is to keep them hydrated. Your dog may have to be treated with an i.v.

I understand your situation. I don't know about this website, but its better to be safe then sorry. I've been in this boat. I had a puppy contracted it with in days of getting her (she was scheduled for her shots and everything). Trust me, its better to have your pup properly examined. If you can't afford a regular vet, call the local animal shelter for advice. They might work with you or can steer you in the direction of a facility that can. Good luck with your baby.

• Amanda

Are you kidding me? If you cannot afford to take care of your dog, then find her a good home who will. People like you make me cringe... you are responsible for the health and well being of that dog!!! Put it on a credit card, set up a payment plan with the vet, borrow the money, DO SOMETHING!