Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What is the most that you have ever spent for a novel or other book of fiction? What was it?

Textbooks are NOT fiction, folks. If you don't know that yet, it's time for some remedial courses.

Favorite Answer

I was a bit tipsy at an auction in Chicago with 2 of my very close friends. we all had to have this book that we cannot find anywhere and isnt in print anymore that we all have read before. The Curse of Lono.. By Hunter S. Thomson.

Not that I am a big fan of Hunter, but, this book all three of us had read and laughed about for years.. We have catch phrases from the book that when in public we would use these phrases and no-one would know what we meant or were talking about except us, ie "There are no fish." The only book by Thomson worth reading in my opinion. I made my bid, Then Holly made her bid to beat mine, then Shari made her bid to beat Holly, then I made my bid to beat Shari and on and on it went till I bid and paid $550.;00 in our stupors and we still laugh about that memorial day now for 36 years. Priceless fun, wonderful memory, and the book is one of a kind.

Source(s): P.S. A tip never drink Bloody Mary's , with blue cheese olives, shrimp and celery before an auction.

I can't ever remember buying a book of fiction, now that you mention it. I've always been lucky enough to be close to a library and we have about a ton of them on the second floor where I live right now. Isn't that strange?

I think it would be about $NZ 50 for DUNE The Battle of Corrin, by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson.

• L

The secrete

63 $$

for the 7th harry potter delux edition!!!

i was @ the midnite thing n i was the first to get the delux...god that took soo long!! but it was worth it

$24 I don't remember