? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Star Wars vs. Star Trek: Who has the better technology!?

I know all you fan boys and girls out there would love this one!

And NO, I'm not bias. I will pick who ever has the best answer be it Star Wars or Star Trek!

Good point ConstElation

Favorite Answer

Well, both have advantages in technology, but Star Trek seem to have more technology.

STAR WARS:

1. Death Star- Bye Bye Planet!

2. Ship sizes: So far the Executor class star destroyer is the largest ship in a sci fi series.

3. Lightsabers. Gotta love them.

STAR TREK:

1. Transporter. Beam Me Up Scotty!

2. Warp Speed. Faster than hyperspace in Star Wars.

3. Time Travel. TNG: Matter of Time

4. 26th Century Technology. VOY Endgame. The shielding proved very much effective against the Borg.

5. Phasers. Different settings. Stun the lowest, evaporated the highest.

6. Instant Quadrant Travel. VOY: Endgame. The Borg has these portals which make it possible for a ship in the Delta Quadrant to travel to teh Alpha Quadrant in a matter of minutes. Using warp would take years!

Source(s): a scifi 'geek' check my bio.
  • Tess

definitely star wars. especially since it was a long time ago (in a galaxy far away), and star trek is in the present, or close to it. so just think of what technology the people from star wars land have now! = ]

Star trek hands down.

Beem me up Scotty.

and those things that make food apear out of thin air come on!

Though if you think about it Star wars is in the distant past where Star trek is in the future so Star wars is probably way ahead of that by now.

Star Wars hands down It took Voyager 5 years to get across the same amount of space that most ships in Star Wars can travel in a week.

r u kidding? tech that can blow up a planet? light sabers that can block blaster fire? instant hyperspace instead of having to swing around the sun? "oh captain, we can't do it, our dylithium is weak...oh boo hoo! I mean, the peice of junk falcon just needed a twist and boom! anyway, i love both franchises, but star wars is laced with more fantasy and intrigue. although, i did love the shatner roast!

• star trek!

• Jaycie

What kind of stupid question is that? Star Wars...duh!

Hehe