Remember the "Rat Pack"??

Remember those "daddies" who stayed out late doing their"clubbing"?? Britney lost her boys today. Look how things are different for women.!!! Not saying it was ok....Britney's defying the warnings and doing the things she did. But...why did the "good ole' boys" of the Rat Pack get "honored" for what they did and considered "cool".???? They had kids at home too.!!

I think of Britney, Lindsay, Paris, and Nicole as kinda today's "girl rat pack".

• doxie
    Best Answer

The Rat Pack, that brings up memories

I think they got away with it because they were philanderers and was expected of them for what ever reason ( not that it was right) Some o it could have been staged Remember the magazines didn't print everything under the sun back then. And as you said they had kids at home and were at home safe, they did not take their kids out when out partying.The mothers were pretty stable.If it is true that Britney is drinking and doing drugs the way it is said those kids are not safe. I think it is all a very sad situation but sometimes our court systems do come through for the kids.

The person who named the rat Pack, you forgot Joey Bishop, but it is hard to believe he belonged in that group.

The Rat Pack starred in Las Vegas as a team at the Sands Hotel in Vegas. Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jnr, Dean Martin and Peter Lawford. they also made a film called "Oceans 11."

They were professional singers and entertainers, and when you preform on stage, it is mostly at night. I personally thought that they were one of the most talented groups.

You could not beat Sinatra, for performance and timing,( I saw him live at Sun City), and Davis and Dean Martin were wonderful performers and singers. Being in showbiz, working at night goes with territory. Their anctics off stage may have left a lot to be desired, but that was their private lives. I don't think their children were alone at home. They had wives, and enough money to make sure their children were well looked after.

Rat Pack, Joey Bishop, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr., Frank Sinatra and Peter Lawford. I remember.

Sorry to hear that Britney lost custody of her kids. I think there was not as much publicity as there is now. No CNN entertainment, Entertainment Tonight etc. showing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over. Get the picture? (wink)

Frank Sinatra; Joey Bishop, Dean Martin; Sammie Davis Jr.

Yeah, they were hades-raisers, talented and probably not much at home; but let's be for real...they took care of their children and saw they were safe...if not done by their mothers, then good nannies.

Britney defies explanation........and frankly, I'm glad to see the judge saw fit to remove them. Whether they are best off with Federline, I don't know, but living as they were is not healthy whatsoever. She needs some serious help before she can be a conscientious mother.

Rat pack -- Dino, Blue Eyes, Sammy Davis Jr. and Peter Lawford.

Guys have always gotten away with things women could never do (and still can't, without consequences).

Try walking down the street in just an athletic undershirt and low-slung breeches.

I do remember them and they were great entertainers. Things have changed a lot since those days, some for the good-others not so good. I'm sorry for Britney or any parent who loses their children. I hope she can get her life together and be the mom she needs to be.

I thought you were talking about Sammy Davis, Jr.,Peter Lawford, Dean Martin and Frank.

Back then the women stayed home and raised the kids.Back then the men ruled the house,we didn't have a lot to say.(We weren't allowed to voice our opinion like we do today.

I don't remember the "Rat Pack" (I am 28 years old)

I don't even think I have heard of them...

but I am glad that Brittney lost custody of her children today.

I am interested to see the answers you get from people who have heard of the "Rat Pack".

I think they had a little more class than Britney. They didn't air their dirty laundry on national TV!! Well, maybe except Dean Martin who I adored. He could get drunk on TV and get away with it!!