Where can I find nickel free flatware?

I have a very severe allergy to nickel. I cannot use stainless steel flatware because it contains nickel. Where can I find nickel free flatware, for example, maybe titanium?

• Favorite Answer

Well, you could become a lumberjack, and make some from wood.

I use ceramic flatware. It's called Certine and it is 100% nickel-free. No metal at all in fact.

Good idea on the titanium.. check amazon.com and search on google. Here's one site: http://www.titaniumart.com/flatware-1.html

Also, look into bamboo or learn to use chopsticks, it's a little unorthodox, but you can carry a few pairs with you all the time, so when you eat at a restaurant or someone else's house you don't have to worry about bringing metalware with you.

Another idea is the nice, colored outdoor plastic ware that usually comes out in the spring and summer. It's probably on clearance now!

They make nickel free silverware. Simply look for silverware that is labeled as 18/0. Most silverware is labeled 18/10, 18/8 or 18/0. The 18 represents Chromium content and the 10/8/0 represents nickel content. Be sure to find some that is good quality though. Cheap silverware that is nickel free can be less durable. Most places that sell silverware will have at least some that are nickel free. Macy's, Crate and Barrel... Or just go directly to the manufacturer website. Like Reed and Barton or Oneida, or whatever.

No nickel means they will rust. Be sure and keep them dry.