Does a bad father - daughter relationship affects a girl's relationships with men?

ok, I noticed that I have a pattern in my (so called) relationships (to have physical interaction and go out for a few times but not really get involved emotionally and in no way to enter a controlling relationship where I am influenced or bossed. I can be pretty secretive too without any reason (I don't... show more ok, I noticed that I have a pattern in my (so called) relationships (to have physical interaction and go out for a few times but not really get involved emotionally and in no way to enter a controlling relationship where I am influenced or bossed. I can be pretty secretive too without any reason (I don't cheat); I just want something to be left for myself.
to make a long story short I have long periods that I stay alone and in the few relationships I've been , to be honest I don't consider them real relationships because I wasn't really communicating with the guy (I thought he was inferior intellectually to me) and it was more of a sexual outlet. I suppose there comes a time when you really want to be in a real relationship.
my father was abusive in many ways and we never communicated and I guess I loved him but he wasn't very bright but always tried to force his ideas to me. in a nutshell a very disappointing experience of fatherhood.
I wonder if that is the reason I can't let go