Why don't the ladies at the department store cosmetic counters get a place to sit?

I was taking my usual short-cut through a mall department store, and noticed none of the ladies working the cosmetics counters had a place to sit - they must stand there all day long, which has got to to be tough the feet! Yes, you want attentive employees, but you also don't want employees irritable from foot... show more I was taking my usual short-cut through a mall department store, and noticed none of the ladies working the cosmetics counters had a place to sit - they must stand there all day long, which has got to to be tough the feet! Yes, you want attentive employees, but you also don't want employees irritable from foot pain, and half the counters didn't even have customers.

So why no seats for the ladies (or men, I've just not seen that yet) working at the cosmetics counters at the department store?