Lv 5
shadow asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

would the rspca give evidence to the police of animal cruelty?

to help support my friend who is trying to leave him.

9 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I don't understand the "to help support my friend who is trying to leave him" part- leave who? What does that have to do with animal cruelty?

    EDIT: I read your last questions. You should call the ASPCA yourself because the dog obviously needs a better home. If you are wondering if your friend will get in trouble because she is a herion addict- they cannot just arrest someone, they have to find drugs on the person in order for her to be arrested. If they surrender the dog to the ASPCA then the police will not get involved- if they do not cooperate and start a big scene, then the police will get involved to help control the situation.

    ASPCA officer are considered law enforcement officers- they do not worry about drug problems, they just worry about the welfare for animals so the city police will most likely not get involved.

    As for your friend, she needs to get into a Methadone clinic so she can stop using herion.

  • Missy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    I don't see why not. Call the rspca on your friend's (boyfriend?), then ask for a copy of the report.

    But I suppose there's more going on that relationship than animal cruelty, so you might have enough evidence of domestic violence or drug use or whatever for the police to arrest the man.

  • g g
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    here in the states they report any cases to the police. in my state, the animal officers don't have full police authority, so they have to use the police for charges, search warrants, and confiscation warrants. it might be different with the rspca though. i would call it in anonymously, and while the boyfriend is in jail or being charged with a crime at the police station, move your friend out. try talking her into going to a rehab clinic. she will be safe there from the boyfriend (he's obviously very abusive or well on his way to being abusive).

  • 1 decade ago

    Possibly. For the dog's quality of life, which is incredibly important, the RSPCA needs to be contacted- the officers will surely be sympathetic to the situation. Report the case for your friend and the dog- and find help for your friend as well. Best of Luck and please do the right, humane thing- Save the animal's life.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TX Mom
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    I think it's against the law to be cruel to animals, so if the rspce doesn't call the information in, you could do it yourself. Don't expect them to spend a lot of time in jail, though.

    TX Mom

    not an expert

  • 1 decade ago

    Only if there are reasons to show that the animal was being treated in a cruel manner

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Police will rarely do anything. Its animal control that has to take them to court and then you have to have a judge that cares about animals. MOST DON"T!!!

  • 1 decade ago

    I would hope so. If not why don't you take it upon yourself to let them know. Or take the animal out of danger! They depend on us for protection. If you or your friend is afraid to do it let me know I will do it! No one deserves abuse, people or animals who especially can't defend themselves.

  • 1 decade ago

    if the police show up after they go the call, than maybe

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.