Israel releases Palestinian soldiers.?

Will any of these terrorists make it here??

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071001/ap_on_re_mi_ea...

I thought Israel was so evil??

Tabatha: There are some posters on here, the "Israel is evil" comment was directed at THEM!

Look up sarcasm!!

May I call you Tabby??

Favorite Answer

You thought Israel was 'evil'? ~Why???

I lived in Israel during my gap year and I have never met such kind, genuine, generous people.

If you could only see the way they have to live on constant red alert because of terrorism. Even when, in Tel Aviv for example, they want to have some lunch, they have to be careful and find seats away from the windows, in case of a bomb.

Would you like to live like this?

Yet still, the Israelis give the Palestinians free water, medical care, electricity, and arms - yes, Israel gives her enemies free weaponry so the Palestinians can protect themselves from Hamas militants etc.

Israel makes up LESS THAN ONE PER CENT of the Middle East. Meanwhile, there are TWENTY TWO Arab states, many of them large, and wealthy because of oil.

Yet you believed Israel was 'evil' just because you probably read some rubbish on this site, or because of something you saw in the media.

The truth: Israel is like any other country. She is not perfect. She is not evil. She just wants to be left alone to exist.

And yes, the Israelis released a lot of Palestinian prisoners as a goodwill gesture for Ramadan.

Remember those prisoners were in jail for terrorism, crime etc. They have blood on their hands.

Once again, Israel tries desperately to make peace with the Palestinians.

Meanwhile, in the Israeli town of Sderot, the people are terrified because they are constantly being bombarded with rockets.

EDIT TO 'DON'T KNOW'

You are being illogical. No other country would go this far to try and build peace. Israel didn't have to release ANY of these prisoners, all of whom had been involved in militant actions against Israeli citizens. Yet even though the Israeli government makes this lovely gesture, you still find something to criticize. Do me a favour - go and spend four weeks in Israel and see the reality of life out there. I guarantee you'll be feeling very differently about these issues when you return.

Until and unless you've lived out there, you aren't qualified to discuss what's going on in Israel.

EDIT TO QUESTIONER:

LOL LOL LOL. You know what? I've seen so many posts on here stating Israel is wicked etc, I just assumed yours was the same! I can assure you I have a great appreciation for sarcasm...!

Funny misunderstanding, though! Great question, by the way!

I was so eager to see good deeds done by the Israeli government, in the interests of promoting peace with its occupied neighbors, I took a look at the story in your link....

...buried under the headlines:

"...Israel was expected to free 30 Palestinian prisoners in the Gaza Strip on Monday, but the release was delayed. Officials gave no explanation for the delay...

...As the prisoners headed home, Israel said it was moving forward with plans to open a new West Bank police headquarters, despite U.S. concerns that development in the area harms prospects for establishing a viable Palestinian state. The Palestinians accused Israel of undermining new peace efforts....

...Israel is holding around 11,000 Palestinian prisoners, and their release is a central Palestinian demand. While many of those released Monday were serving time for militant activity, none was convicted of killing or injuring Israelis...

...In Gaza, Israeli troops shot and injured a 14-year-old who was waiting with hundreds of Palestinians at a Gaza Strip crossing for their relatives to be released, medics and witnesses said....

...Israeli officials said they are determined to open the new West Bank police headquarters in the coming months. The project is in area just east of Jerusalem known as E-1.

The U.S. has blocked past Israeli efforts to develop the 12-square-kilometer (5 square mile) area. Development plans envision 3,500 homes, several hotels and an industrial park there, but have been frozen under U.S. pressure.

The E-1 project, if completed, would effectively cut off eastern Jerusalem, the Palestinians' hoped-for capital, from the West Bank hinterland. Palestinians and Israeli human rights groups accuse Israel of trying to consolidate control over West Bank land east of Jerusalem, with the help of a massive separation barrier and new highways..."

If the U.S. government, along with the news media in America, were not so heavily influenced by a very vocal and persistent right-wing, war-hawkish pro-Israeli lobby, she would not find herself embroiled in the Middle East as she is today, in unnecessary, unaffordable, and unwinnable wars, with no end in sight.

Your question, "Will any of these terrorists make it here?" speaks for itself, in terms of fear/hate mongering and ignorance, I think - get a grip - as if any of these newly released Palestinian prisoners, probably dirt-poor, have any hope of ever "making it here".... I'm assuming you mean the USA, or are you writing from Jerusalem?

Why don't you stop trying to terrify everyone into supporting what seems to be an "imprison and/or kill all the Palestinians" agenda? What are you, some kind of "terrorist"? Systematic use of terror as a means of coercion is the very definition of terrorism - http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/terroris... -which kind of reminds me of Bush's 2004 re-election campaign: "Vote for me, or the terrorists will come and get you!"

Odd, that, I mean it doesn't make sense, since the "terrorists" managed to pull off 9/11 on Bush's watch, after all... the mind boggles how anyone could believe he would be the one to keep anyone "safe."

Peace, Propaganda & the Promised Land

U.S. Media & the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

http://www.mediaed.org/videos/MediaRaceAndRepresen...

Whose War?

A neoconservative clique seeks to ensnare our country in a series of wars that are not in America’s interest. - American Conservative Magazine

http://www.amconmag.com/03_24_03/cover.html

Experience has shown that they return to terrorism within days.

• Brian

I doubt it. They will probably continue their terrorist activities against the state of Israel..........