Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

any one know a good hangover cure??

Please help...i need a hangover cure... i'm very ill in work so a quick one would be much appreciated! and don't give me the " next time don't drink" :(

• Xerces
    Favorite Answer

Get one of your lovely colleagues to stay back and cover your shift. They'll get a little bit of overtime and feel good about helping you out with your drunken dilemma, and you can go home, have a nice bowl of soup (or a hair-of-the-dog!), put your feet up and feel guilty for getting so drunk on a school-night.

• kay.ce

I know you asked this awhile ago but I will answer any ways

the hangover feeling is dehydration and that is all

you need to get good fluids (water herbal tea with out caffeine. milk/ juice /)back into your system

now there are all kinds of ways to get them into you

do what you need to

in the future if you want to avoid all of this during a evening of drinking drink good fluids along with what alcohol you are drinking again water/ juice/ herbal tea.

or after the night is over drink three to four large glasses of water. Friends of mine go out for a early breakfast and they do not have to pay for the night.

feel better

Source(s): personal experience in health care field

In the future I would recommend drinking a glass of water and taking aspirin before you go to bed....but since you can turn back time.....

Drink lots of water...this is the most important! Your body is trying to rid itself of toxins, and you are dehydrated.

I doubt you have access, but french toast and chocolate milk always works for my hangovers. The milk coats the stomach and the bread soaks up any remaining alcohol or a drinkers evil enemy, bile.

If you can access that and feel really vile.....try just some plain bread.

hope you feel better!

Honey, Dash of salt and a pickle in a glass of warm water. The honey will burn off any alcohol left in your system, the salt will replace electrolytes in your stomach as will the pickle. Usually works for me, just depends on how hung over you are. Then drink bottles of Gatorade. If you must take some Tylenol, but only if you must. Try to stay away from pain meds, they mess with your liver when your hung over.

Source(s): Personal Trial and Error, I used to work in a Beer and Wine Store.

Well l have heard that drinking water intensifies the alcohol that is left in your system. If you cant do the water maybe something like Gatorade. But always take an asprin before you drink...I do and dont end up with a headache. As far as the sick part...try to get something in your stomach like crackers.

In the Search for questions slot type in "hangover cures" and you will get at least 270 results.

Take some Motrin and drink as much water as your body can handle. A hangover is just your body's way of telling you you're dehydrated so drinking water is your best bet. I would also say take a nap but seeing as though you're at work... :)

Coffee, green tea (hot, not that crap from Lipton), food like donuts (sugar helps your body get over the need for alcohol and believe me, that is what is happening if you have a hangover), and 4x the recommended dosage of ibuprofen or whatever else.

Please try not to ask yourself this question again.

Spicy food, aspirin, and lots and lots of water. Or something bland to help fill and settle your stomach. And more water. Hangovers are partly dehydration, so hydrating helps a lot.