IPod Touch and iTunes problems, iTunes freezes up when iPod is connected. Any sudgestions?

Every time i connect my iPod touch to my computer iTunes freezes. I let it sit for an hour and there is still no response. I tried it on my moms computer and iTunes froze up, BUT i saw the sync screen on my iPod Touch, i cancled the sync and iTunes unfroze. Im thinking that maybe iTunes is freezing becuase i have... show more Every time i connect my iPod touch to my computer iTunes freezes. I let it sit for an hour and there is still no response. I tried it on my moms computer and iTunes froze up, BUT i saw the sync screen on my iPod Touch, i cancled the sync and iTunes unfroze. Im thinking that maybe iTunes is freezing becuase i have iTunes sync my photos when i hook up my ipod. is there any way to stop synicing without hooking up my iPod.

Is there anything else that may be causing this problem?
And ideas?

I already searched the net, went to various iPod touch sites, apple.com, etc and i am still at a loss.