Can you buy energy saving halogen light bulbs?

Just bought two light fittings for my kitchen, each one has 6 spotlights on them. Thats 6 50watt bulbs. My electric metre is going like a rocket!

Favorite Answer

yes, i don't see why not. it might even lower the bill a little, cause you don't need a bulb in every socket, cause those light bulbs are really bright (so maybe put 3 in each light fitting)

Yes you can, I have the same problem. I found a website on Google, but I can't remember what it is. But I think the bulbs are about £6-7 pounds each, so I will replace mine a bit at a time.

yes GU10

Compact Flourescent GU10 lamps directly replace the standard halogen GU10. Saving you money on electricity bills.

A replacement for GU10 mains halogen lamps, these energy savers use around 80% less energy than a standard halogen GU10 and last up to 8 times longer. Gives similar light output to a 55W halogen GU10 but uses only 11W of electricity and generates dramatically less heat. Wide flood beam for even light distribution. Warm white version with colour spectrum to match normal halogen

Halogen bulbs produce more light per watt than regular incandescent bulbs, but less than compact fluorescent bulbs. Six 50 watt halogen bulbs would produce a LOT of light. Do you really need all that?

You can buy fluorescent bulbs to fit, brighter than halogen, last longer and use about the same energy.

Of course you can they are fazing out the conventional light bulb in 2 years

Regards

Ryan Dior

yes you can.

try this site (link is for the page you need) we were looking for some the other day to replace the energy sving ones we had.

LED's but they wont be has bright. though they fit in the same fitting and cost nothing to run less than cfb.

yea theyre making it illegal to have unefficient lightbulbs, theyre phasing them out. go to your nearest hardware store theyll be able to help.

• Jill S

Osram.com carries them.