Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Perforated ear not fixed?

I have a perforated eardrum. Doctor fixed in in-office and told me to com back in a month which is coming in a week. But the problem is that i don't think my ear has healed still. He told me not to get water in my ear when taking shower but i tried my best and still got water in there (i put cotton but that gets wet right away no matter what!!!). I am really worried. My hearing is fine but i can only tell when i cant hear the low notes of music in my perforated ear (right side). I mean that i cant hear the bass lines of a song in my right ear. Otherwise hearing is normal. Is there a better way not to get water in my ear? What do you think. Has anonye else experiensed the same? Thanks.

• Isamyn
    Favorite Answer

a perforated ear drum takes awhile to fully heal so dont worry. usually antibiotics are given to help assist recovery cos infection is more prone and hinders it healing..in the long run this can be a problem so you need to tackle the problem of infection. as for a barrier, try ear plugs or wax putty