alyson.s asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

is it normal to be late in menstrual cycle? GIRLS ONLY!?

my last period was on 2nd sept. and my next period should be on 26 sept. but now, there's no discharge of blood at all. i think its gonna be late. so, is it normal to be late in menstrual cycle? cause i'm really worried. usually, after 3 weeks, i'll experience period but now, it has been more than 28 days, nothing at all.

in your opinion, when will be my next period? tomorrow or else?

as a girl have you ever experience like i am before?

and i'm not having any sex ok.

Favorite Answer

My cycles range anywhere from 24-30 days, so in my opinion, yes, you can be late with out obvious reason. I assume you have not been sexually active, since you did not mention that in your question. Just to break it down, most woman ovulate between day 11 and day 14 of their cycle. The first day of menses is the first day of your cycle. The second half of your cycle, between ovulation and the beginning of your next period is called the Luteal Phase. The Luteal Phase is 14 days, and it is not effected by stress or anything else (lots of old wives' tales out there). If your body ovulated late, then your period may be considered late by you, but according to your body, it's right on time. If you skip a period, and you have not had intercourse, then chances are your body did not ovulate. Skipping ovulation occasionally can be normal for some; however, it can signal there is a non-serious hormonal disorder. If your cycle is normally 28 days, and your last period was Sept 2nd, then you should start on Sept 30th. If you do not start by the end of next week, then you should talk to your Mom (assuming your young) or follow up with a Dr. It's probably nothing though if you have not been sexual active.

Source(s): Mom of two babies :)

I remember when I was in high school I was really activity and sometime I would skip periods, I was told this was something normal that most active teens go through. I am not as active as i was a few years ago but i still work out my periods are irregular. so if i were you I would talk to a doctor about your concerns. Keep in mind that if you are sexually activity that could be a reason why your menstruation is late.

Until I went on birth control pills/ring, my period would come anywhere from 2-5 days late. I sometimes skipped entire months.

This is very common amongst teenagers, or if you're stresses, or ill.

If there's a possible reason it's not here yet, get a test and find out for sure.

Of course it's normal for your cycle to vary. Unless you're on the pill, most women do not get their periods like clockwork every set number of days. If your diet has changed, or if you're going through stress, your period can be affected. If you're very concerned after another few weeks or so, talk to your doctor/

Sounds pretty normal, periods are not always regular especially not in teenagers, and a few days or even in some cases a few weeks is nothing to worry about.

Being late is normal. There are quite a few things that can cause you to be late, Urinary tract infections, pregnancy, stress, birth control, etc... If it still doesn't came after about another week and a half I would go to your OBGYN and see what they say. Worrying about it may delay it longer, trust me, I've had this problem before.

Source(s): Personal Experience.

Personally, each month for 6 months, my period comes 1.5 days earlier than the previous month. When the 6 month comes, it resets back to the latest cylce day and starts all over again.

If you're a teenager, stressed out, sick or not eating properly, your period may be late or irregular. It is fairly normal. If you're having sex, you need to take a pregnancy test.

• this is normal dont worry about it youll be fine it happens when your young you can skip 3 months and then out of nowhere get a really heavy one id look at your diet to if you are really underweight then id go and see your doctor but if not just let it go it happens from time to time