Are prizes you win from a claw vending machine valueable, or just cheap junk??

I love vending machines soo much. I've won atleast 25 times and lost 50 times. My mom says the prizes are junk, but they don't look like things you'd find in the dollar tree. I know they must be somewhat valueable. I just want to know how much. Are these 12 dollar plushies and rare collectible items or just plastic junk? Does it vary?

Favorite Answer

It depends on what the operator puts in them, but I've never seen one in America that wasn't junk. They're designed to catch a kid's eye with bright shiny colorful things and make them want to play -- not inspire a collector to say, OH I MUST HAVE THAT TO FINISH MY COLLECTION! Plush figures are often (though not always) no-name knockoffs of popular characters; jewelry is cheap bling; even better looking toys show their cheap status on close examination -- fast stitching; lower quality fabrics, plastics, metals; thinner padding; poorly painted details, etc.

In Japan, though, I've seen a bit better stuff, usually anime toys, that some anime fans might collect. Still not impressively valuable, but better than anything I've seen in America.

Value, however, is in the eye of the beholder. If YOU find your prizes valuable, then they are. I just can't tell you to expect that prizes you get from an American machine, at least, would be of much value to anyone else.

Think about it: these are set to allow only enough wins for the operator to make a profit. If you're winning that much, and only putting in a quarter or two (again assuming America) then think how much those prizes have to be worth for the operator of the machine to still be making money.

In Australia the stuff is really good. Genuine Disney merchandise, often from whatever movie they are promoting at the time. Also Sesame Street stuff. It costs $1 to play and if you don't like it, sell it on Ebay! I sold a Elmo plush from a vending machine, that cost me $2 to win, and the selling price was $18.

Source(s): My 2 year old LOVES claw vending machines!

Complete junk.

the ones in japan rule you can get video game characters anime characters and a whole load of other cool things but i think its just a bit of junk that you can test yourself on in north america but sometimes theres ones where theres 10 dollars attached but there really heavy...

One man's junk is another's treasure.

I would think they are not too valuable.

Sometimes the only value an object has, is the value we place upon it.

• billy

Its all just Junk.

to put it clear. Most i junk that only costs 50c