Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 1 decade ago

do u like the city of Boston or Pittsburgh?

I'm thinking about University of Pittsburgh, Northeastern University and Massachusetts College of Pharmacy. would u choose Boston or Pittsburgh? I've never been to Boston before.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Hank
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

SoCalAli obviously does not know much about Pittsburgh winters!!! The two cities are similar - a little colder in Pittsburgh, the winter storms somewhat fiercer in Boston with the ocean effects (the ocean also makes for a colder Spring).

But Genious Cook is right on about the comparables of the two cities otherwise. Boston has a much better public transportation system as well. And there is much, much more to do within an hour or two of Boston than there is in Pittsburgh, including several exciting smaller cities (Providence, Portland, Lowell) that can be reached by rail - either Amtrak or the local commuter rail system.

You can find great Polish and German food in Pittsburgh which you cannot in Boston. For most other cuisines Boston is better.

As far as I know MassPharm has a good reputation. It is located right next to Harvard's Medical School; if it were not good Harvard probably would have it's own college of pharmacy.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I've never been to Pittsburgh before but I used to live south of Boston. Boston is a great city.....good food, lots of nightlife, museums and cultural events. It is also easy to get around with the buses and the "T" (subway). The only downside is that it's expensive to live right in the city. You could live in one of the surrounding towns and commute into the city. If you are going to live in the dorms, then you have nothing to worry about.

The winters are really rough (freezing and snowy), but you could always take a 2 hour drive up to Maine or New Hampshire or Vermont and go skiing!

The rest of the seasons are absolutely beautiful. Just a short drive out of the city will take you to some nice beaches and state forests.

• 1 decade ago

You should not be choosing the college / university you attend based on what city it is in, but rather on the academic experience it will give you. You mentioned a school of Pharmacy. Is it your ultimate goal to become a Pharmacist?

If that is your goal then I would recommend the University of Pittsburgh. It has an excellent school for the various medical arts, and in your future professional life you would probably find a diploma from "Pitt" to be the more prestigious of the three colleges you mentioned.

• Lprod
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I LOVE Boston.... never been to Pittsburgh so I can't compare, but I would love to live in Boston if I could, that's for sure.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Small town Boston is so much more cosmopolitan than back water Pittsburgh. Go to Boston.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.