which country speaks the best spanish in the world?

I am from colombia, and i am trying to prove my friends from peru, that Colombia speaks the best spanish in the world...they call me an idiot for saying that, and argue that how can colombia speak better spanish than spain, when the language originated there

Favorite Answer

Spain. if it wasn't for spain, then spanish wouldn't even exist.

Objectively speaking, Spaniards tend to slur and have a lisp... (I'm half Spanish, with both sets of great grandparents coming from Spain) But I really dislike their Spanish... Some parts of Mexico have excellent Spanish, like Guadalajara, Monterrey and Parts of Mexico city (not the chilango accent)... While others, not so much... Colombia's Spanish is Ok, but not especially more clear than Mexico... (I guess that I think most of Mexico's accent is easier to understand for people from the U.S.) Because the Spanish from Mexico is read almost exactly as if it were being read in English... Puerto Ricans, Cubans and Dominicans, tend to switch the R and L sounds... Peru's Spanish is also good... But as others have said, it all depends on what you consider to be "best" and what your first language is... English is my first language and I prefer Mexico's Spanish, Colombia and Peru are tied for second... While Spain's is after that, with Puerto Rico and the D.R. being last... Those are all countries that I have visited, I've never been to Venezuela or Panama but I plan on going to both soon...

Spanish might have been originated in Spain, but their accent is confussing and not clear at all, complicated. By far, there is no doubt that COLOMBIA speaks the best spanish in the world. It is crear, well pronounced, romantic and simply fluent and smartly spoken. Highest level I must say. The rest is ok depending on the country.

Al those countries brag about who sepas the best Spanish. To your información after the spaniards discovered the Espanola that now is called Dominican Republic , the landed in firm land in Honduras we were the first country in Firm land to be discovered and the Spaniards stablished there then they came to Mexico . So by fact were the first Latin American to learn a perfect Spanish and we still are. As in any other country we have modisms and slangs but our language is more close to the Spaniards language. Just visit Honduras and you will see.

Spanish is a beautiful and and an expressive language. Spanish is even more interesting with different accents in the Spanish speaking countries. I just love the Spanish language (Spanish is not my native language).

Learning forgiven languages is usually a very good issue in daily life. If you imagined in commence learning some new language why don’t you start with one thing effortless like Spanish, straightforward if you discover it right here https://tr.im/6MKRE with Rocket Languages, an simple program with a great deal of functions that make this approach of understanding even a lot less complicated.

Rocket Languages it is a acknowledged leader in on the web language studying. With Rocket Language course you will have characteristics like: voice recognition, testing, games, in-built flashcard app and a exciting style.

Rocket Languages is the very best choice to find out Spanish language.

• olita3 years agoReport

Literally no one speak better than other, but each individual, according to their manners, and the way they were taught. Languages evolved just like anything, Spaniards have lost a lot of it, Colombians definitely kept the true Castellian, proper Spanish.

Learn Spanish Fast and Easy!

Yes. I have always been told that the Spanish spoken in Bogota and the surrounding area of Colombia is the yardstick by which all other Spanish speaking countries and peoples should be measured. And I agree.

My Spanish teacher (who is from Chile) told me that the best Spanish is in fact spoken in both Peru and Colombia.

I think that as far as formality and correct word usage your friends are right, Spanish people do seem to speak very properly. Sort of like how British people tend to speak more properly than Americans. But as far as the accent goes, Peruvians and Colombians have the most neutral and easily understandable accents of all.

Buenas suertes!

Spain that was the first country to speak the language before invading central america.

There is no such thing as "the best Spanish". All Spanish is good, there are just different dialects for different regions and different countries. Myself, I prefer Venezuela, since that is where I learned my Spanish, but it is all the same to me: beautiful.