Does a 315lbs, 6'3", 19year old need 12 to 14 hours of sleep a night? What could be done or going wrong?

My friend has no sleeping habits to speak of. He works early mornings, 6am-12pm. He will get about 4 to 7 hours of sleep at night, but then come home and nap for 3-5 hours. I'm sure if this is needed or just needs to be corrected. He has grown in a long time, so I don't think that it is a growing spirt.... show more My friend has no sleeping habits to speak of. He works early mornings, 6am-12pm. He will get about 4 to 7 hours of sleep at night, but then come home and nap for 3-5 hours. I'm sure if this is needed or just needs to be corrected. He has grown in a long time, so I don't think that it is a growing spirt. He smokes and eats one meal a day (mostly). I wonder, also, if it all has to do with his weight as well. On his off days he will sleep 12-14 hours in one period of time. I need a little help!!!!!...any ideas?