Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If everything exist within God, does that means the vast universe is not infinite?

Look under the subject of ontology

• Acorn
    Favorite Answer

The infinite universe exists within the even more infinite God.

I know, I know, "more infinite" is an oxymoron. It's a koan. It's above our human understanding.

The universe is not infinite. If it was, there would never be night. The sky would be constantly lit up from the infinite array of stars sending light to us. It would be daylight 24 hours a day.

God has nothing to do with it.

God is infinite reality and also unconditioned reality and as such has no finites or boundaries, space and time however are conditioned realities and therefore have to have restrictions and boundaries, so therefore the universe cannot be infinite to God but only to us who are confined by the finite.

God is infinite as well, the maker of the infinite universe. So of course it's infinite.

If the entire universe in within God , he must have one heck of a big belly .

I'm no scientist, but I think the evidence does show that the universe is in fact finite. It does have an end.

God exists in everything.

The universe and matter in it is finite in mass and potential volume limited by gravity, but timeless in duration.

The universe is infinite or not, regardless of any gods.

Source(s): fms

God is infinite.

I agree with bonternet. And, the universe, I believe goes on forever... but just contracts and expands.