Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Im a shaking for no reason.?

anyone can help me on this one? no matter what I do or nothing at all, my whole body espically my legs and arms starting to shake. everytime in public I pick up something from my hand, everyone ask me why are you shaking and I dont really know what to say. or when I eat something with a spoon or fork, everytime I pick it up, my arms starting to shake,. also when I stand up, my legs starting to shake,. my dad is like this and my grandpa as well. Im not sure if its becuz Im skinny. I only wiehgt 110. i dont really know if its my bones or muscles or if it just family from family. if anyone knows why peple shake for no reason please o please! tell me! thank yoU!

Favorite Answer

There are many reasons for your shaky hands.....It's hard to guess it without seeing it and without taking some exams....but I think that you might have movement disorder called Essential Tremors (ET)....ET usually runs in a familly (as u mentioned your dad and grandma have as well) and can affect at any age.

Here are some facts:

There is one movement disorder that you might wonna look at. It's called Essential Tremors (ET).

It runs in a family, so if you have someone esle who shakes too this could be a good clue.

Although essential tremor can affect almost any part of your body, trembling occurs most often in your hands, especially when you try to do simple tasks such as drinking a glass of water, tying your shoelaces, writing or shaving. Sometimes, you may also have trembling of your head, voice or arms.

Essential tremor is the most common of the many movement disorders.

Essential tremor often begins gradually. Sometimes it appears during adolescence. More often, though, tremors begin in mid- to late life.

The most common sign is a trembling, up-and-down movement of your hands, although your arms, legs, head and even your tongue and voice box (larynx) also may be affected. Most people have tremors in both hands. Some people have tremors in only one hand, though the tremors often progress to include both hands.

Tremors usually occur only when you engage in a voluntary movement, such as drinking a glass of water, writing or threading a needle. Actions requiring fine-motor skills — using utensils or small tools, for example — may be especially difficult. Fatigue, anxiety and temperature extremes make the signs worse, but tremors usually disappear when you're asleep or at rest.

Some people have relatively mild tremors throughout their lives, while others develop more severe tremors and increased disability over time. Effects of worsening tremors may include:

Difficulty holding a cup or glass without spilling

Difficulty eating normally

Difficulty putting on makeup or shaving

Difficulty talking, if your voice box or tongue is affected

Difficulty writing — handwriting may become increasingly large, shaky and illegible

The inability to perform actions requiring fine-motor skills, such as playing an instrument or drawing

About half of all cases of essential tremor appear to occur because of a genetic mutation. This is referred to as benign familial tremor. Genes are information centers in your cells that control your body's growth, development and function. A mutation in just one gene can greatly alter the way your body works. Researchers have identified two genes that appear to be involved in essential tremor. It's possible that mutations in other genes may also lead to the condition.

Exactly what causes essential tremor in people without a known genetic mutation isn't clear. Doctors do know that the problem occurs in the brain circuits that control your movements. Studies using an imaging technique called positron emission tomography (PET) scanning show that certain parts of the brain — including the thalamus — have increased activity in people with essential tremor. More research is needed to understand the precise mechanism behind the disease

You'll receive a diagnosis of essential tremor only after your doctor has ruled out other possible causes for your symptoms. For that reason, you may undergo blood, urine and neurological tests to check for problems such as thyroid disease, heavy metal poisoning, drug side effects and Parkinson's disease.

In addition, your doctor will take a complete medical history and perform a thorough physical and neurological exam that may include checking your tendon reflexes, your muscle strength and tone, your ability to feel certain sensations, and your posture and coordination.

The tremor itself may be evaluated in several ways, including performance tests in which you're asked to write, drink from a glass or hold a piece of paper.

Well, if you need someone to talk to feel free to send me email:

girl_lina06@yahoo.com

I would definitely go see a doctor about this--it's nothing to mess around with. The symptoms you're describing could be Parksinson's (even though you are younger, it can happen) or some other neurological disease. Do you seem weak or are you just shaking? Go schedule an appointment tomorrow morning--it's best if you take care of it right away. Good luck.

My brother had a similar issue to this. You need to train your muscles to relax. Try practicing telling your arms or legs not to shake by holding something like you normally do so that your arms starts shaking and literally force your muscles however you need to to stop the shaking. Just keep doing that (in private because it might look weird), and it might eventually slow down.

Well a doctor would really know, but do you get a lot of sleep? If you are sleep deprived then you will shake, also if your nervous you can shake, do you eat healthy> Are you getting enough protein? I get really dizzy when I dont eat protien, I dont shake unless Im nervous or sleep deprived

Sounds like the Chihuahua Syndrome... or you could be undernourished and nutrionally deficient. Either way, if you are serious, see a doctor right away.

Go to your physician to get checked out this is not normal!

• Dave

You are NOT shaking for no reason. There is most definitely a reason and you need to look into it ASAP.

• Line

Could be sugar issues

Yeah, get a haircut then go see a doctor.

You need to go see your doctor and get this checked out ASAP. This could be something serious so please get it checked out.