Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Any one think Clint Eastwoods Kelly's Heroes would make a good remake?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, no.

I mean, half of the best jokes rely on the main character being played by Clint Eastwood (the music during the showdown with the tank, I couldn't breath for laughing).

The other half are all about Donald Sutherland.

This was a truly character-based story. Finding actors to recreate those characters would be difficult, at best. I doubt you could do it.

And then there's Don Rickles.

And...

No, never mind, I think I've made my point (or pint, or liter, or something).

Clearly, I need a beer.

Source(s): I still quote lines from this movie and wholly inappropriate times. Notably: "See what you did with your negative waves, man"
  • 1 decade ago

The remake probably would not be as good as the old one so, why bother. They could make a sequel about their grandchildren are in Iraq, and an old friend of Saddam's tells them if he takes him to a sheite town, he can show them where Saddam's stash of gold is hidden

• 1 decade ago

Oh sure, why not? I mean we can go on forever listing crappy remakes like; 3:10 to Yuma, The Manchurian Candidate, Miracle on 34th Street,Psycho,etc etc etc

• 1 decade ago

Only if we can get Vin Deisel to play the part that Tele Savalas played.

• 1 decade ago

No, don't mess with a great original.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.