How do we as pet owners save other pet owners from Hills Science Diet?

I live in Kansas were Hills is owned and produced. I work at a natural pet food store and I have gone to Kansas State and worked at the vet school. Every were I turn people feed science diet or prescription diet without blinking an eye or reading a label. I am only 22 years old and I find the money to feed my dogs... show more I live in Kansas were Hills is owned and produced. I work at a natural pet food store and I have gone to Kansas State and worked at the vet school. Every were I turn people feed science diet or prescription diet without blinking an eye or reading a label. I am only 22 years old and I find the money to feed my dogs good food (Merrick and honest kitchen or urban wolf). I know that at K-State vet school the first year students get a backpack on the first day of class with the Hills logo and a note saying that they would be "teaching" nutrition to the first year students. If I heard that my doctor had been taught nutrition by Oscar Myer I would find a new doctor. Besides the moral concerns, the food sucks. It is full of by-products, grains and cancer causing agents like BHA, BHT and ethoxiquine. And don't get me started on beet pulp. Now they have a "natural" food which is about as natural for a dog to eat as a shoe. My question is, how do we convince other pet owners that Hills is bad?
Update: Obviousely hills is not the only culprit but I live in KS so its everywere. Nutro, Euk, Royal Canin and many others are horrible too but they arn't "teaching" the vets. And as to those saying that hills is great, you prove my point. Read the label.
Update 2: Chicken, Ground Whole Grain Corn, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Ground Whole Grain Wheat, Chicken By-Product Meal, Soybean Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Corn Gluten Meal, Brewers Rice, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Dried Egg Product, Flaxseed, Potassium Chloride, Iodized... show more Chicken, Ground Whole Grain Corn, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Ground Whole Grain Wheat, Chicken By-Product Meal, Soybean Meal, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Corn Gluten Meal, Brewers Rice, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Dried Egg Product, Flaxseed, Potassium Chloride, Iodized Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), DL-Methionine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract
Update 3: Azmira Beef Meal, Whole Ground Barley, Oatmeal, Whole Ground Grain Sorghum, Flax Seed, Canola Oil, Alfalfa Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Natural Flavors, Dehydrated Carrots, Apple Pomace, Potassium Chloride, Garlic Powder, Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride, DI-methionine, Mixed Tocopherols (natural antioxidant), Yucca... show more Azmira
Beef Meal, Whole Ground Barley, Oatmeal, Whole Ground Grain Sorghum, Flax Seed, Canola Oil, Alfalfa Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Natural Flavors, Dehydrated Carrots, Apple Pomace, Potassium Chloride, Garlic Powder, Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride, DI-methionine, Mixed Tocopherols (natural antioxidant), Yucca Schidigera Extract, Vitamin Supplements (E,A,B2,B12,D3), Niacin, Calcium Ascorbate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Inositol, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Biotin, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Cobalt Proteinate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite
13 answers 13