Bed bugs problem - and we're moving soon!!!?

heya im so scared my whole family has been getting red, slightly swollen bites with little holes in the middle the size of a pinprick. we use hydrocortisone cream prescribed by the gp. at first i thought they were mosquito bites but after intensive reading they seem more like bed bug bites. we hav em on our arms,... show more heya im so scared my whole family has been getting red, slightly swollen bites with little holes in the middle the size of a pinprick. we use hydrocortisone cream prescribed by the gp. at first i thought they were mosquito bites but after intensive reading they seem more like bed bug bites. we hav em on our arms, back and asses.. im so worried, plus im a bug-phobic so its worse.
our house is carpeted basically everywher (dont blame us we didnt build it) so maybe its carpet bugs too. anyway we're moving soon. its not even our house and in less than a month we're leaving so we're reluctant to get pest control. however i need tips on how to ensure the disgustin things dont get into our new home. i know they hate heat but what else should we do???? will a shower and scrubdown be enough (for us, not the furniture). thanx so much
Update: thanx all the responses so far hav been great. im guessing this is a mini infestation at most as we have not been getting so many bites since. also are there any sprays and where can i get them?? plz dont suggest illegal ones... after intensively readin other bed bug questions i thought to myself: 'is it... show more thanx all the responses so far hav been great. im guessing this is a mini infestation at most as we have not been getting so many bites since. also are there any sprays and where can i get them?? plz dont suggest illegal ones...
after intensively readin other bed bug questions i thought to myself: 'is it definitely bed bugs?' cuz we hav carpet i thought it was most likely bedbugs. i was wondering if it could be anything else like dust mites or mosquitos. can they bite on your leg even tho you keep covered up? soz for the rambling.
6 answers 6