Should be Germany become a member of the United Nations Security Council? If yes or no, tell why.l?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • celvin
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Germany is as good as any - but the UN itself is questionable, Israel gets a go ahead to ignore resolutions while Arabs/Muslims get bombed and invaded for less.

• 1 decade ago

Yes and no.

First UN security council should be dissolve and reorganize.

If all 10 temporary members should become permanent and get veto powers, YES Germany should be included.

NO if the same group we have right now.

Germany is a member of EU. Two already in Europe who is aligned with US. China and Russia in different alignment. Small and poor countries are always the loser here. There is no fairness here.

Why not make it equal distribution. Three in Asian nations, five in north and south American nations, three in African nations, three in European nations, and Australia.

We are civilized now because of this globalization environment. Only some countries were ruled with madness. They thought their system is far better than the other.

• 1 decade ago

I agree with open thoughts, the UN should just be dissolved. No one can ever agree on what it should do, and we give it way too much money. We don't gain anything from it's existence except blame when we do nothing and blame when we do something because it's never enough, which sounds unfair to me.

But, since that won't happen, Germany has flip flopped far too often on recent matters of security, and needs to be able to to set aside it's economic goals in the interest of security, unlike the initial anti-terrorism strikes in which they opted out for fear of losing investments. I am by no means saying the US does this flawlessly, but Germany would be a poor addition.

• 1 decade ago

Yes because they did not commit any mass genocide recently like in the last thirty years and they are respectable member of NATO and the EUROPEAN UNION. They will be probable one of the non-permanent nation that make up the UN Security Council (around 15)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think the current security council needs to be dissolved and a better solution developed. Or at least, take away the single veto ability and change it to majority rules.

• 1 decade ago

altho germany has a very impressive economy it doesn't have a quality military. Plus the fact that if germany was on the council there would be 4 european countries ( if you include russia)

• r1b1c*
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Sure

Germany is a civilized society and should occupy it's place among the rest defending world security.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No...because the UN should just be disolved because it is an inept organization which has no teeth and gets nothing done.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.