We need a simple circuit design that has 10 components and 2 transistors that can be applied in the real world

• The proposed circuit should have practical real-world applications.

• The circuit should contain at a minimum, a total of ten (10) active and passive

components, at least two (2) of which are transistors.

uhm... regarding the complexity of the circuit the only components that was discussed to us is resistors, inductors, capacitors, transformers, diodes, and transistors....

you will be a great help if we actually find a circuit.... Thanks a lot :D

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Well there, 10 passive components and 2 transistors

http://www.sound.westhost.com/project13.htm

and it is a practical application = microphone pre-amp.

• John H
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Haha, well you could do millions of things with transistors alone - and I mean that literally, just look at these words from a computer screen.

Unfortunately, these applications also take millions of transistors, and so being restricted to ten, you can't expect to do anything fancy.

Here's an idea - you want to wire a light bulb to a constant voltage source but you need make a switch as well as a way to "swap" the switch - that is, make on - off and vice versa.

Of course, this has many practical applications - say you want a light to shine whenever a circuit is broken as an error message.

The circuit is easy to implement - use the two transistors to make an inverter (these can be ANY transistors - CMOS, MOS, diode, bipolar junction, etc). The inverter will allow you to make the swap between ON/OFF - keep in mind that you still need to apply the constant voltage though. Google "inverter" followed by any of the types I listed above if you have no idea how to make it out of transistors (it's easy - you only need 2).

The light bulb is a resistor - by definition, and you can have a capacitor store voltage to turn the light bulb on (temporarily) when the circuit is disconnected. Make sure to include resistors for that case - or else you'll have a short circuit.

Source(s): I'm an EE major
  • 1 decade ago

While there are innumerable circuits of the kind you have described (every practical real world circuit satisfies your specs), you may consider making a linear voltage regulator (78XX kind, but less sophisticated). If you are prepared to work harder, I will strongly recommend making an SMPS using one MOSFET(you can leave it in open loop) followed by Zener diode and BJT based regulator to regulate the output. The efficiency could easily be above 70% if you plan correctly. E-mail me if you are interested.

Source(s): I am an Electrical Engineer (Power Electronics)
  • 3 years ago

in the beginning, i think of you're puzzling layout with prognosis which in the electric powered international is like evaluating a tonka truck to a Ferrari. i will assume you're speaking approximately prognosis. Transistors are actually not the least puzzling issues to intuitively understand. they're surprisingly non-linear contraptions and we attempt to cause them to artwork in a small linear variety. That why they make op-amps yet i will attempt to describe what i comprehend. nicely the 1st attitude could be to frequently going on what form of transistor you're observing(i.e. BJT, MOSFET and so on). in the event that they're used as switches that is going to possibly not require any calculations in any respect. merely determining which of them are on and with ones are off. in the event that they're amplifiers you ought to use some estimations to verify the ease for small sign prognosis. those are purely estimation and would on occasion be very some distance off. extremely the terrific thank you to get a stable comprehend-how of transistors is to apply them. attempt construction circuits (lab or PSpice) and interpreting how they artwork and their limits. additionally build transistor circuits you stumble on in books and look at how they artwork. an considerable ingredient to make is that each and all and sundry transistors are little distinctive. Transistor are demanding to get an extremely stable comprehend-how of how they artwork so which you would be able to layout complicated structures with them. for this reason they pay human beings very a lot of money to layout transistor circuits. i does not undertaking approximately a lot greater desirable than 4 or 5 transistors in circuit that's not making use of them as switches. that is extremely propose of your professor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A variable duty cycle (pulse width) multivibrator to control the speed of a DC motor.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Have a look atb this site

http://www.discovercircuits.com

It has 20,000+ circuits, I'm sure you'll find something suitable.

Hope this helps

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.