Jesse19rap asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Underachieving football team?

I drafted 12th in a 12 team league and thought I had a pretty solid team. The question is...do I need to make some trade offers or is this team just underachieving at the moment. I'm 0-3

I drafted eleventh in a 12 team league reg. scoring.

I'm 0-2 and its basically due to by Wideouts where can i improve this squad?

QB- Delhomme, Hasselback

RB- Parker, Henry, Brandon Jackson, Morris

WR- Fitzgerald, Holmes, V Jackson, Marshall

TE- Gates

DEF- Denver, Dallas

Thoughts? Thanks

Favorite Answer

I think your team has some issues but you could win some games. You have some room to improve, but you have a way to do it. I would search in your league for a team that has a tight end that has not gotten the job done this year. Just see who has a starter at te thats not scored much on average. They will give almost anything on their team for a player like Gates. Use their desire to improve at tight end against them. Look for someone who is deep at RB or you could get someone to give up a number 1 wr. I have seen people give up Marvin Harrison for him. It will hurt to lose him, but how many games has he won you this far? Good Luck in any case.

well by the sounds of it, it sounds like you have a league on nfl.com... if im right then you start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1D/ST.

if i had your team this is how id start it:

QB - Jake Delhomme (when he's not injured of course)

RB - Fast Willie and Travis Henry

WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, and Santonio Holmes

TE - Antonio Gates

D/ST - Denver

i recommend shopping Henry around while his fantasy value is sky-high. maybe offer someone Henry for LJ (while his value is low). i also REALLY recommend getting rid of the Dallas defense and picking up Houston.

Yeah..its your receiving core. See if Derek Mason is available in FA, and also Ronald Curry, they should be better then Jackson and Holmes

trade b.jackson and morris for a wr and then get another 2 rbs