Help with my Dawrf Puffers and Bubble Eyed Goldfish?

ok 3 questions! 1) I have dwarf Puffers and i bought some frozen brime shrimp and they didn't touch it at all. I forgot to feed them this morning so i asumed they'd be hungry but they didn't touch it. Are my fish picky or something, should i try again tonight and stuff, or whats up? [i did defrost... show more ok 3 questions!

1) I have dwarf Puffers and i bought some frozen brime shrimp and they didn't touch it at all. I forgot to feed them this morning so i asumed they'd be hungry but they didn't touch it. Are my fish picky or something, should i try again tonight and stuff, or whats up? [i did defrost them and stuff and all that jazz]

2) I'm going on vacation for three days. With my goldfish i was planning on just buying one of those vacation feeder things, but right now she is in a temp. tank thats only 2.5 gallons, and most vacation feeders are for 10+ gallons [ that i've found so far]. But i also have my puffers, and they won't eat not-live food. I might just end up having to get my neighbor to feed them while i'm gone, or just let them skip three days of food [no please!], but what do you think i should do?

3) ALSO, i'm looking for tank mates for my goldfish. I'm looking at Black moors right now cause they are similar in eyesight and speed and stuff, but what is another one?
Update: ***My goldfish is just a baby right now, it's a wee bit under an inch long, i do plan on getting a bigger [much bigger] tank, but first thats why i wanted to pick out some tank mates first.