Will you help me write my wedding announcement?

Quick details... For the local paper. Got married last Saturday. We have 4 children combined (I bring 3 teenagers to the marriage, and he brings a 7 year old son). My parents passed away a few years ago. His dad passed away last year, but his mom lives in our home town. Neither of us have degrees, but we have successful careers... mine in HR, and his in Plant Management. I want to say something about our "family" being joined in marriage, or something like that, since we are blending our families, children and all, but I don't want to sound too corny!!! HELP!!

Favorite Answer

How about this:

Trisha Smith (you), Tara Smith (your child 1), Sam Smith (your child 2), and Susie Smith (your child 3) and Joseph Dunn (your new hubby) and Johnny Dunn have come together as one family on [give date] at [where]. The whole Dunn clan will be living in Gladstone, USA [your new family residence].

OR

Trisha Smith and Joseph Dunn have come together to share their lives as one and will be joined by Tara Smith (your child 1), Sam Smith (your child 2), and Susie Smith (your child 3) and Johnny Dunn on [give date] at [where]. The whole Dunn clan will be living in Gladstone, USA [your new family residence].

OR

Trisha Smith and Joseph Dunn wish to announce with love and pride the coming together of two families to form one new family unit on [give date] at [where]. Please join Tara Smith (your child 1), Sam Smith (your child 2), and Susie Smith (your child 3) and Johnny Dunn in celebration of their new family.

OR

Trisha Smith and Joseph Dunn are please to announce with love and pride their wedding on [give date] at [where]. Please join Tara Smith (your child 1), Sam Smith (your child 2), and Susie Smith (your child 3) and Johnny Dunn in celebration of their new family.

No matter what you use, congratulations. Good luck and God Bless your marriage and new family!

A family has been joined together in love. (Wife name), (daughter of Late ______ and _______),and (Husband name) son of (mother name) and late (father name) joined their hands in marriage on September 22, 2007. They not only joined in marriage but adjoined a loving family as well. This family now includes together, all the kids names.

Hope this helps

there is not any requirement that you position an ad interior the newspaper. you won't be able to administration who reads the paper, so certain, you're taking a danger of your father seeing it and inappropriately performing. in case you favor to position an ad interior the paper you are able to position it after the very truth. it is, "Jane Doe and John Roe were married Friday, December 29, 2006 at....." as far as something pre-wedding ceremony, decrease the interest to the invites themselves. That way you are able to administration who's invited. you're not from now on required to placed mothers and fathers' names on invites both. only say, "Jane ane Joe invite you to percentage of their happiness...." yada, yada, yada. in the adventure that your fiance needs to contain his mothers and fathers, do so when your names. wedding ceremony invites have become very versatile in at present's international of nuclear relationships.

• Search www.theknot.com and it will give you explicit details on how to write one with various examples for different situations. That's where I found a template for my engagement announcement.

Source(s): www.theknot.com