How can I get a loan under $5000 for an older car with poor credit?

I have found my wife's dream car, it is a Pontiac Firebird and I can get it for $5500. I have $2200 I can put towards the car but need a loan for the other $3300. My Credit score is in the 570-590 range and thus far I have been denied by several banks. I have a potential co-signer with a credit score around... show more I have found my wife's dream car, it is a Pontiac Firebird and I can get it for $5500. I have $2200 I can put towards the car but need a loan for the other $3300. My Credit score is in the 570-590 range and thus far I have been denied by several banks. I have a potential co-signer with a credit score around 750. I make $72,000 per year and can show proof than in addition to my regular salary I will recieve commission checks in the amount $2300 in each of the next 3 months. I plan to pay the loan off by Christmas. Ironically, the reason I dont have enough to buy the car outright is because I have been using most of my expendable income to pay off old debt. If anyone knows an option for me please let me know.