how to remove old system restore point?

Favorite Answer

I just turn mine off in the Administrator services. Windows, especially xp and vista, run oodles of unneeded programs each time they start up. I turn off almost all my services and run on the bare-bone ones just for speed.

1. Click Start.

2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.

3. Click the System Restore tab.

4. Check "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all drives" as shown in this illustration:

5. Click Apply.

6. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this.

7. Click OK.

8. Proceed with what you need to do; for example, virus removal. When you have finished, restart the computer and follow the instructions in the next section to turn on System Restore.

good luck

right click on c: drive, go to properties.

click disk cleanup.

choose more options. in this section choose "remove all restore points except the recent one"(or something like this).

then click ok.

you will have all old restore points removed, except the recent one. good luck

please turn off the system restore and turn it back on.. all the previous system restore points will be lost