Man Wai asked in 社會及文化語言 · 1 decade ago

Child Labor - know what i say ?! correct me ~ plz !!

I am Kazi’s mother. Kazi is my eldest son, there are four sisters and brothers follow him. My husband, Tom Harkin, was a factory worker three years ago when Kazi just a seven-year-old boy. Unfortunately, Tom’s wrist had been cut by the factory machines, he couldn’t work forever. That is a great hit for our family; it is because we have no money. No money, no food and no school – children never go to school in past, now and future.

It is extreme poverty, which drives me to send my dear son, Kazi, to work in a plantation for pick cacao beans so that he can bring a little money back to family. I told Kazi, "Remember, my son! If you don't work, we die. You are working for food."

I know that it is not fair to him, but we haven't any choices.

Actually, to be a worker in a cacao plantation is better than other jobs. As I know many of the children, who also come from poor family, turned to dangerous forms of work such as sorting rubbish, begging or prostitution.

Therefore, I also feel happy that my son is not as same as them.

咁多段係一齊既 !!! 多多指教 !!

Rating
    Favorite Answer

I am Kazi’s mother. Kazi is my eldest son, and he has four sisters and brothers. My husband, Tom Harkin, was a factory worker three years ago when Kazi just seven years old. Unfortunately, Tom’s wrist had been cut by a factory machine, therefore he couldn’t work anymore. That was a great hit for our family, because we have no income anymore, and we couldn't afford any food. Moreover, we have no money for our children to go to school.

Because we are living in extreme poverty, I decided to let my dear son Kazi to work in a plantation to pick cacao beans, so that he can earn some money for the family. I told Kazi, "Remember, my son! If you don't go to work, we will die of hunger. You are working for food."

Actually, to be a worker in a cacao plantation is much better than other jobs. As I know, many children who also come from poor family have to work in extremely poor conditions such as sorting rubbish, begging or prostitution.

Therefore, I am lucky that my son doesn't have to do these jobs.

----For you information, Labor(American) can also be spelled as Labour(British)----

Alternatives for some of your sentences :

1. Tom’s wrist had been cut by a factory machine

- Tom was injuired when working in a factory

2. therefore he couldn’t work anymore

- therefore he was handicapped and could't work anymore

3. but we haven't any choices.

- but we have no choices at all.

4. As I know, many children who also come from poor families have to work in extremely poor conditions such as sorting rubbish, begging or prostitution.

- As I know, povety reduced many children from poor families to work in extremely poor conditions such as sorting rubbish, begging or prostitution.

Source(s): myself