Is there any way to get past the welcome screen that comes when you turn on your computer (Windows XP)?

It's when the screen says, "To begin, click your user name". I mean if you don't know a password and you want to get on to a user? I've heard that you can do something to log in without knowing the password and was wondering what it was. Thanks!!!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

maybe if you have a password reset cd

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

im not going to tall you to use a password reset cd because it sounds like you are up to no good, and that would leave the owners of the computer upset and knownig you busted into there computer.

but you can log in in safe mode by hitting f8 before windows boots up and log into administrator account with no password.

98% of the time there is no password on that account or the password may be password or admin, in any case if you get in that way no one will know and unless you leave tracks like going online or opening documents you may get away with it.

• 1 decade ago

Click on a user name. If he does not have a password you are in. If he does have a password and you don't know what it is you are out.

• 1 decade ago

That can be tricky. I have used this to get by the password in xp and 2000

http://www.openwall.com/john/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes it's possible but at first you need to know initially the password then later remove it (via control panel).

If you don't know initially yes... there's a way but it's illegal.

• 1 decade ago

If it is not your username then trying to log on under that name, without the user's permission, might be considered illegal. Invasion of privacy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hmm. Sounds like you're up to no good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.