I believe i have that Million Dollar Idea. Have made a Crude Working Proto Type. No PHD Here. ??Next Step??

I,m 54 years old self employed in the HVAC Industry and also a Heart Attack Survivor!! I have been self employed for over 20 years. Have many mechanical skills. NO a Good Idea when i see one. This is a new arena for me. The fact is that's what i,m looking for. Do a Google Search and type in "The Wreck that Saved Jack Warren's Life". Need some genuine information.

• ed
    Favorite Answer

Next step, USPO.

You can do it yourself, but you must research all US patents and even some foreign countries. You will need drawings with each part labeled and an explanation of their relationship to one another.

If you find anything similar but different, you must inform USPO with the Patent number, and explain why yours is different enough to warrant a patent.

Bear in mind that even with a US patent, any other country can produce it, but cannot sell in US.

Obtaining a patent in other countries is atrociously expensive.

Your best bet is to prepare a complete and convincing presentation and hope to find investors.

Patent attorneys can run upwards from $5K plus USPO fees.

USPO is very slow, can take up 3-5 years. For additional fees, sooner.

Good luck.

Source(s): Been there to no avail.
  • kate

If you have a prototype ,

Then you need to find someone to manufacture it .

( most are outside the USA now )

Then someone to distribute it .

You gave zero clues about the invention although you had time to ramble about other stuff .

Get focused , and find a manufacturer & distributer .

Oh , and an attorney experienced in product rights .

>

That's GOAT