Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

"Spider Season" is upon us, our British house spiders must be the most minging ?

I have removed the second large minging spider from my house in two days (I don't kill them by the way, they get flung out of the window in a plastic container, out into the cold dark night to freeze .....)

Has anyone removed more than 2 so far this year ? .... the last one was so...oh big you could have put a saddle on it ...totally minging.

Garden spiders with the large body and short legs are fine but house spiders with the lanky legs ...horrid

Own up people.... who squashes spiders??

Best Answer

I don't even know what these spiders are called but they're disgusting...brown and hairy...ewww...you must be scottish..thus the use of "minging"

I'm afraid spiders are squashed (or eaten by the cats) in this house, just the thought of picking them up, even in a plastic container makes me shudder. I've had about 8 large spiders in the house over the last couple of weeks, and here in Herts we have the Hertfordshire Brown, which is probably the largest spider (native to UK) that I've ever seen!! Now that the weathers turned colder I'm expecting quite a few more in the house - yuck I hate the things x

I would never harm a spider intentionally; if one takes a walk across my carpet when I'm sitting in the room I just put my feet up on the sofa. The only time I would need to remove them is if one was in my bedroom in plain sight when I went to bed (not small ones though).

If I get up in the night and one is in the bath, I drape something over the edge so it can get out before morning; they always disappear somewhere where they can eat filthy flies and other nasties that I would much rather not have in my home.

Oh man.

I didn't know it was spider season!

4 spider deaths in 2 days at my apartment... one was in the air, dangling! I was so upset. I took a shoe to 2, and 1 of them I killed with a paper towel. My husband got the 4th with a broom. We have a tree out front that's too close for comfort, and I think that has something to do with it.

:(

Theres nothing wrong with spiders, it shows you have a clean house! I come home many an evening, to find drinking glasses upturned on the carpet, as my wife and son are frightened of them. I simply pick them up and put them in the garden. If I don't, our dog for some reason plays with them then rolls on them. Goodbye Mr. or Mrs Spider.

• Becks

More than 2 this year?! We've had loads of the ruddy things this week! Tc spotted one tonight and tried to get the blooming thing but despite pulling the sofa halfway across the room he couldn't find it so now we've got a clod-hopping spider running loose in our living-room! Just the thought of it makes my tummy churn! We had one in the bath at the weekend and it was huge! There's me sat on the loo calling Tc to come and wash it down the plughole, trying not to wake our Sprogg coz if she'd seen it she'd have had a complete dicky-fit! In the end I had to share the bathroom with it hoping and praying it wasn't going to reach the towel that was hung over the edge of the bath! Btw, they CAN get out of a bath if there's something it can climb onto...like a towel or something! We must have had at least 5 this week since Saturday and we know they are not the same one because they were definately squished. We would like to get one of those vacuum tubes from Betterware except its clear plastic and I wouldn't want to see it. UGH! I know they have a purpose like every living creature but I just wish they'd serve it in someone elses house...not ours!!!

I squash spiders sometimes! Those house spiders are nasty little things. The only thing i like about spiders is the fact they catch flies. I cannot stand flies!!!

Have removed about 10 in the last 6 months, i to put them out in the garden, i never kill them...

Spiders are great in organic gardens, eating most of the harmful insects

Source(s): I am a professional horticulturist and organic head gardener and in the past 40+ years I was in charge of a southern university nursery and two private estates

Spiders live in kings castles as well as in hovels. They seem to love human company especially the redback on the toilet seat