Do anybody have experience with the required wireless equipment update by home security monitoring company?

I subscribed to monitoring service with a Home Security Monitoring company. I have wireless security equipment installed. Recently they told me that the government require them to replace the analog radio tower system with digital radio tower system. This results in I need to replace my wireless security... show more I subscribed to monitoring service with a Home Security Monitoring company. I have wireless security equipment installed.

Recently they told me that the government require them to replace the analog radio tower system with digital radio tower system. This results in I need to replace my wireless security equipment as well, otherwise it won't be able to connect to the new radio tower. They charged me $100 for that. Since I'm still in a contract with them, I think I shouldn't pay that $100.

So, do anybody have experience in this matter? Is the new regulation for real? Do the customers really have to pay for that required upgrade by the government regulation even when they're still in a contract?

Thanks! I appreciate any inputs.