Traditional gender roles?

I have what I would call a traditional relationship with my current live-in boyfriend. I get up early to make him breakfast. I pack his lunch. I clean the house while he is gone all day. (I will be starting to work in a few weeks.) Many of my girlfriends think this is ridiculous and archaic. I view it as... show more I have what I would call a traditional relationship with my current live-in boyfriend. I get up early to make him breakfast. I pack his lunch. I clean the house while he is gone all day. (I will be starting to work in a few weeks.)

Many of my girlfriends think this is ridiculous and archaic. I view it as my way to contribute to our living. He works over 12 hours a day and the least i can do since I'm not currently doing anything else is make sure the house is clean, that he gets off to work okay and that he has a hot meal to come home to.

In return, I am appreciated. He does say thank you, which is a lot more than I can say for a lot of other men who would rather just take advantage. What is your opinion about our roles?
Do you think we have lost some value to our morals in society because these traditions have not been upheld?
Update: To provide you with a little more information: I do not feel as though these are tasks I have to do.I do them out of love and because I want to and because I was raised that way. We are also Christians and the Bible says a boat load about relationships between men and women. I also wasn't worried about... show more To provide you with a little more information: I do not feel as though these are tasks I have to do.I do them out of love and because I want to and because I was raised that way. We are also Christians and the Bible says a boat load about relationships between men and women. I also wasn't worried about others opinion, I just wanted to get a feeling for what people thought. Once I start working, he will have to make it on his own. he's a big boy. He's lived on his own for 26 years before I came around. And my job involved frequent (up to a week at a time ) travel....should be interesting! :D Thanks for your thoughts