Teenagers wearing hats and clothes with the tags on?

I noticed that loads of teenagers, or more precisely, Rap and Hip-hop influenced, wear their hats and tops even trainers with the label tags on them still attached to the plastic string.

My question is, even if it is fashionable to look as if you have your clothes just bought fresh now, doesn't it look stupid to wear the tags on?

It looks as if these kids have been on a shop lifting spree and wore whatever they could come out of the stores with...

Agree? disagree?

Favorite Answer

i agree, leaving the tags on is retarded!!! and fashion suicide in my opinion! Keep your clothes clean, they'll look new all the time LOL, what happens when you wash that stuff, reattach the tags LOL...

My personal thoughts are, yes, it looks stupid. Certain people, though, are very concerned that they display the right logos and name tags.

In effect they become walking adverts, which is all very good for the clothes-producing companies themselves. I'm generally inclined to actively avoid logos and brands, as I disagree with the notion of being converted into a living endorsement.

This message was sponsored by Yahoo. (No it wasn't - I'm being ironic now).

No they need to return them silly.... they really don't have the money to keep changing into a new fashionable look every time. Therefore need to keep the tags on .. so then they can refund it!

It's ridiculous yes. I think it is about showing off how much you've paid for it, which is a little sad. Part of the "bling bling" materialistic mentality which is somehow fashionable amongst those with nothing more fulfilling in their lives.

I completely agree i think it looks like you forgot to take the tag off.

I don't think it's fashionable at all. It looks as if they are trying to show off the fact that they wear expensive clothes. I don't really care if something is a brand-name or not. As long as it is good quality.

probably trying to prove that their clothes arent fake

i dont think theyd walk around with Sports World and Primark labels sticking out

They have probably bought the clothes and plan to return them next week when the fashion changes.

• sophie

Agree!! For all you know they could have just been stolen or something.

It also makes the wearer look daft. I would feel daft if I had left the tags on!

Agree - It looks stupid