If you are a gay male, do you find that you had a strained or even NO relationship with your dad?

I'm finding with my gay, male friends, that they didn't have much of a relationship with their dad...either not a good one or just a neglectful one. I'm wondering if this is something common.
Update: If you are a gay male, do you find that you had a strained or even NO relationship with your dad? I'm finding with my gay, male friends, that they didn't have much of a relationship with their dad...either not a good one or just a neglectful one. I'm wondering if this is something common. I'm not... show more If you are a gay male, do you find that you had a strained or even NO relationship with your dad?
I'm finding with my gay, male friends, that they didn't have much of a relationship with their dad...either not a good one or just a neglectful one. I'm wondering if this is something common. I'm not saying it's the CAUSE of sexual preference because I believe people are BORN with it. I just wonder if it's common....