What is the verse in the bible that they read in weddings?

I mean like the "I Dos" & stuff....lol im clueless

thanks=)

Favorite Answer

The actual vows are not in the bible. Commonly they do read this:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 says, Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs (that simply means that love forgives). Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

If you actually want the vows wording, here is a link that has the wording for weddings:

http://www.mbuss.com/wedding/vows.htm

I hope this helps.

• proulx

Wedding Vows Bible Verses

Bible Verses For Wedding Vows

Okay, the "I Dos" are the wedding vows, which is not from the Bible. Any religion or even non-religious weddings will have some form of the vows.

Several readings are often done in addition to the vows. Talk with your miniter or priest or what-have-you, if it is a religious wedding (which it sounds like it is based on your question) and they will be able to guide you through. Many people pick a reading from 1st Corinthians 13:1-13 (Love is patient, love is blind...), Song of Solomon 2:10-13 (Arise my darling, my beautiful one...), 1st John 4:7-19 (Beloved led us love one another, for love is from God...)

These are all very traditional and beautiful at weddings, but you can also use other readings from the Bible, or readings (or poems, etc.) from things other than the Bible...you have many options. But the vows, etc. (I, (name), take you (name), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.), these can also be altered in many ways, or you can write your own vows.

Hope this helps!! Good luck!

if its a church wedding, usually the church provides you a booklet with the order of celebration. there are options where you can choose from (from beginning to end) - verses, for the first reading, 2nd reading, responsorial psalm, gospel, etc. ask the pastor or anyone from the churh. or you can get that from the facilitator of the course that you attend before the wedding.

• Suz123

Ceremony readings can be found at this site:

http://www.todays-weddings.com/planning/readings.h...

If looking for a whole sample ceremony, try here:

http://www.figstreet.com/guesthouse/simpleweddingc...

Psalm 23:4 :D

• Lori

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awerk

Psalm 23 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Proverbs 3:1-6 My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 Two are better than one, because they have a good return forheir work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Mark 10:6-10 But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother to be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angers, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. A few of them!

Do you mean the today I will will marry my best friend....Love is patient...etc?

Just google it!

which relegtion?