Any suggestions for a good book to read?

I do not care what kind of book it is as long as it is good.

Tofu I gave you a thumbs up to try and help.

Favorite Answer

"Papillon" by Henri Charrière

I normally only read fiction books so this autobiography really stands out in my house of books. I read it back in high school and still pick it up and reread it from time to time. Even the kids in my class that were failing school and hated reading couldn't stop reading this book. It's that compelling.

"Henri Charrière, called "Papillon," for the butterfly tattoo on his chest, was convicted in Paris in 1931 of a murder he did not commit. Sentenced to life imprisonment in the penal colony of French Guiana, he became obsessed with one goal: escape. After planning and executing a series of treacherous yet failed attempts over many years, he was eventually sent to the notorious prison, Devil's Island, a place from which no one had ever escaped . . . until Papillon. His flight to freedom remains one of the most incredible feats of human cunning, will, and endurance ever undertaken.

Charrière's astonishing autobiography, Papillon, was published in France to instant acclaim in 1968, more than twenty years after his final escape. Since then, it has become a treasured classic -- the gripping, shocking, ultimately uplifting odyssey of an innocent man who would not be defeated."

http://www.amazon.com/Papillon-P-S-Henri-Charriere...

His autobiography was also turned into a movie.

http://www.amazon.com/Papillon-Steve-McQueen/dp/B0...

Historical Fiction: The DeGranville Trilogy by KM Grant (this is about the crusades)

Romance: The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer

Fantasy: Trickster's Choice and sequel Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce. Anything by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Other: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland & The Looking Glass by Lewis Carrol (these books are so upside down and backwards, it's hilarious), anything by Donna Jo Napoli (she writes both historical fiction and fantasy)

You could also search the books you've already read and liked at sites like barnesandnoble.com and see what else is recommended for people who liked those books.

Michael Connelly-Harry Bosch series/Black Echo

Joe Hilley-Mike Connelly series/Sober Justice

Kathy Reichs-Tempe Brennan/Deja Dead

Lawrence Black/Matthew Scudder/Sins of the Father

Ian Rankin/John Rebus/Knots & Crosses

Anne George/Southern Sisters/Murder Makes Waves

Sue Monk Kidd/The Secret Life of Bees

Audry Shafer/The Mailbox

John D. MacDonald-Travis McGee series/Deep Blue Good-by(21 books all color titles ie: Scarlet,Amber,Lavender,Green,Turquoise,Yellow,etc...)

Here's my list:

1. Bob Ong's

2. Jessica Zafra's

3. Youngblood collections

4. Ladlad anthologies

Try to browse the books before buying/reading. We all have different tastes right?

• ?

be attentive to you stated no vampire books...yet i think of Twilight is great! it particularly is a sturdy e book and it particularly is in a human beings point of view, no longer a vampires! it is likewise a action picture. there is: Twilight; New Moon; Eclipse; and Breaking daybreak... although Breaking daybreak isn't out interior the cinema's yet... If no longer Twilight, then how approximately some Jaqueline Wilson books? they are surprising!!! and actual humorous. desire I helped(:

If you're a thinking kind of person, "The End of Faith" by Sam Harris is fascinating.

Or "The Universe in a Nutshell" by Stephen Hawking would appeal to your questionning nature.

I really liked the Da Vinci code, I read it a couple years ago. The other one, Angels and Demons is good too.

My favorite book of all time would have to be "Anywhere but here" by Mona Simpson. I don't know if you would like that though.

http://www.amazon.com/Anywhere-but-Here-Mona-Simps...

Depends what you're looking for: fiction or fact? For fiction, I like a book called, "Replay." It's about a guy who keeps repeating his life, with all his memories intact, so he can make different decisions. For fact, I like Seven Habits of Highly Successful People.

A Confederacy of Dunces.

Funniest book ever written, and a pulitzer prize winner too.

• theese are only some of my favorite books:the giving tree,to kill a mocking bird,the great gatsby,final destination 3 the book and the uglies.there all great good books.there must reads.