- silbug99Lv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. a decorative design, as for wallpaper, china, or textile fabrics, etc.
2. decoration or ornament having such a design.
3. a natural or chance marking, configuration, or design: patterns of frost on the window.
4. a distinctive style, model, or form: a new pattern of army helmet.
5. a combination of qualities, acts, tendencies, etc., forming a consistent or characteristic arrangement: the behavior patterns of teenagers.
6. an original or model considered for or deserving of imitation: Our constitution has been a pattern for those of many new republics.
7. anything fashioned or designed to serve as a model or guide for something to be made: a paper pattern for a dress.
8. a sufficient quantity of material for making a garment.
9. the path of flight established for an aircraft approaching an airport at which it is to land.
10. a diagram of lines transmitted occasionally by a television station to aid in adjusting receiving sets; test pattern.
11. Metallurgy. a model or form, usually of wood or metal, used for giving the shape of the interior of a mold.
12. Numismatics. a coin, either the redesign of an existing piece or the model for a new one, submitted for authorization as a regular issue.
13. an example, instance, sample, or specimen.
14. Gunnery, Aerial Bombing.
2007-09-23 12:32:49 補充：
–verb (used with object)
15. to make or fashion after or according to a pattern.
16. to cover or mark with a pattern.
17. Chiefly British Dialect.
a. to imitate.
b. to attempt to match or duplicate.
2007-09-23 12:33:35 補充：
–verb (used without object)
18. to make or fall into a pattern.Source(s): me... 在 LA 的上班族
- 1 decade ago
n. (名詞 noun)[C]
I don't like the pattern on the fabric.
They like new patterns of family life.
Mary used a paper pattern to make her new dress.
This hospital is a pattern of what a good hospital should be.
vt. (及物動詞 transitive verb)
We patterned our road system on theirs.
He patterned himself after his teacher.
She bought a dress patterned upon a Parisian model.
- 1 decade ago
http://www.e390.com/cgi-bin/e390dic?MYINPUT=patter... 這網頁裡面有詳細ㄉ解釋 太多貼不上來Source(s): 字典