What is a good gift for an LDS/Mormon business partner?

I have an devout LDS co-worker and would like to give him a thank you gift, something related to his faith and which an LDS would appreciate, but which would also be professional given that we are co-workers. I've seen LDS charms and pins (with themes such as red star, Moroni etc) but I don't know if it woud be appropriate for me, a non-LDS to give those gifts? Any guidance would be great. Thanks so much.

• Favorite Answer

Actually, a CTR ring would be a very nice gesture for an LDS friend and colleague... google them.

Go to deseretbooks.com there are lots of things like tie tacs and stuff that he might appreciate.

It's just fine to give LDS gifts if you are not LDS, I think it's very thoughtful.

I once read a story in one of te church magazines (and I WISH I could find it again!) about an LDS family who lived next door to a Jewish family and wanted to give the Jewish family a nice Hannukah gift. The husband was an amateur wood carver and made them a really beautiful wooden menorrah (after a lot of research and talking to the local Rabbi). The Jewish family was just flabbergasted and so happy. I guess it was hard for a lot of them to afford such a lavish menorrah and this one was heirloom quality. It really went a long way to cementing LDS/Jewish relations in that town, I guess.

LDS Businessman here.

It is very difficult to not offend someone when offering a gift at work like you suggest. All respect appreciated.

I would highly suggest that a gift certificate to a good restaurant or any bookstore or even a golf pro-shop would be a much better offering without putting him in a uncomfortable position in front of colleagues.

My parents are devout mormons.. If I were to get them a gift associated with their religious belief I would get a gift certificate to the LDS Bookstore so they could select a book they would enjoy reading..

If I were getting a gift for a business partner however I would get something more along the lines of that relationship.. Dinner for 2 at a nice resturant along with babysitting fee if applicable.. A monogrammed desk pen set...

Source(s): Atheist
  • Atom

"What is a good gift for an LDS/Mormon business partner?"

===

How much are we talking about spending here? The best gift I could receive from anybody related to my LDS beliefs would most likely be the lastest software gospel library from LDSLibrary.com. Unless, of course, he/she already has it.

The LDS love information! "We hope all things, we believe all things, we have endured many things, and we hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report, or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."

Well, I guess chocolate-covered espresso beans and a stripper are out of the question.

Seriously though, if this is for a business partner, I'd just leave the LDS references out of the gift. Get him something secular (gift certificate, fruit basket, whatever) so that it isn't an issue.

Personally I'd love a gift card to Deseret Book.

Why do you feel the need to give something LDS related? If I were your business partner would you give me something atheist related? Give him something he likes: pancake mix, a pair of cufflinks, the latest CD by his favorite singer.

I think it would be entirely appropriate and respectful for you to buy him something related to his religion. How thoughtful of you.

You can find lots of things at www.deseretbook.com. It's not just books but things like bumper stickers, jewellery *British spelling* , ties, pins, etc.If you can't find anything, then they also do gift vouchers.

Give him a copy of a great book about the LDS religion called "Under The Banner Of Heaven" by John Krakaur.